New notifications in Google Talk, Labs Edition

For me, life moves pretty fast, and with so much stuff going on it's easy to have things fall through the cracks. The other day I missed an important meeting because I forgot to open up Google Calendar after restarting my browser (don't tell my manager). Sometimes I just need a little help to stay on top of all the information that breezes by.

Our new experimental release of Google Talk helps solve this problem - it's called Google Talk, Labs Edition. It has all the features of the Google Talk gadget (but runs outside a browser), plus it adds new desktop notifications that remind you of appointments and alert you the moment messages arrive. There are notifications for Google Calendar appointments, Orkut scraps, Gmail messages, and Talk chats (of course). My favorite part? The snooze feature on Calendar notifications! Now I can put off that reminder for a few extra minutes without worrying about forgetting the meeting.

Give Google Talk, Labs Edition a try and let us know what you think!

Jonathan McPhie
Associate Product Manager

Permalink | Links to this post |
The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We do, however, reserve the right to remove off-topic comments.